The AdGal

Welcome one and all to a blog that will forever change your life. Actually the truth is, this blog will not change your life forever, but it might spark your interest in the world of advertising. My name is Brittany Curran, and I am a sucker for advertising in more ways then one. Check out my blog and read some of my thoughts, opinions, and ideas on ads created and used all over the world.

Ps- Do not be scared to throw in your two cents. I love feedback, if you have any questions or concerns, drop me a post, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My Business Card

My Business Card

AdGal

Friday, December 18, 2009

Pass the Milk...


After watching this advertisement for Oreo Fun Stix's i was very rattled, and concerned... i guess you could call me old fashioned, but when i am enjoying a glass of milk i would rather have a cookie then a stix straw? I mean really? Come on now Nabisco.... Oreo Stix's?? Don't get me wrong it is very creative, and a unique way to enjoy a Stick of Fun? But it is just not the same as eating a delightful, delicious, and cream centered Oreo cookie.

Although kudos to Nabisco for coming up with a very clever slogan that is catchy, and captures the target audience. I mean the entire commercial was very weak, dull, and a yawn but the end slogan "milks favorite cookie" was absolutely brilliant. I find it simple, to the point, and that it targets a broad amount of consumers. Seriously you are never to old for milk and Oreo's. One problem though Nabisco these so called Fun Stix's are not cookies?? There Straw Stix's. They are not the same as a cookie, but good try. Maybe "milks favorite stix of fun" ? It does not flow the same but at least it is what it is.

One thing that did not rub me the right way, was the end when the little boy says something around the lines, "ohhh grow up brandon". I found this line was very unnecessary and who names an elephant Brandon?? If that was actually what the boy said. Come on Nabisco if you are going to make the little guy speak make sure it is loud and clear. Also we all know that if you are going to name an elephant you name it DUMBO....classic mistake... work on that Nabisco.

Overall, i find myself at the end of the day not thinking that Oreo Fun Stix's are very fun or even my milks favorite cookie. And thats the way the Oreo crumbled folks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding?! I LOVE LOVE this commercial. By creating the stix, they found a way to put a new spin on a well known and loved product. Think about all the kids that have watched this commercial - I'm sure the first thing they're thinking is how cool it would be to have a pet elephant. If I was 6 and saw this, I would totally be pestering my mom to buy me some Oreo Stix.

    I also thought the last lines were priceless. Giving the elephant a persons name makes him more human. After I watched this commercial the first time, did I think that the elephant was the kids brother? Yes. Is that realistic? Not in the slightest, but with the name, and the fact that the two were racing to drink the milk (and eat his cookie), it reflects the relationship that many siblings have. I think the last lines are crucial, and I believe it to be a job well done.

    ReplyDelete