The AdGal

Welcome one and all to a blog that will forever change your life. Actually the truth is, this blog will not change your life forever, but it might spark your interest in the world of advertising. My name is Brittany Curran, and I am a sucker for advertising in more ways then one. Check out my blog and read some of my thoughts, opinions, and ideas on ads created and used all over the world.

Ps- Do not be scared to throw in your two cents. I love feedback, if you have any questions or concerns, drop me a post, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My Business Card

My Business Card

AdGal

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bulls, Cigarettes, Scared Horses...

So it’s been awhile since I have updated my blog and posted something that I know creates a BIG explosion of “intense amazingness “in all your minds. Truthfully it’s been awhile for many things in my life, if you catch my drift. For example I don’t even remember the last time that I had a meal that did not consist of wine and cigarettes. Unfortunately, that was a lie. You see I am not cool enough to smoke cigs, and I don’t love wine, wine loves me.

I could go on forever and tell you bull feces about why I have not been updating my blog but really I can just sum it up in one sentence. I have not been in the mood, nor have I had any ambition or motivation to write and I just have not cared about it. I know…. Well then why did you start a blog in the first place?

Because when I am in the mood and am inspired by something my mind goes 100 miles per minute and I want to tell everyone I know. I think lately I just have not been inspired which is kind of sad BUT I don’t want to sound like a mopey dopey so lets move on. I think sometimes it is hard to express how you feel about something and it takes a lot of guts to tell the truth about what you really think. Telling the truth is very risky, because there’s always someone who is not going to like your opinion/answer.

This is probably very obvious information that you all know and some of you probably think that I am rambling on about useless information. Others might think man this girl really needs to take off the sweat pants and put on a pair of jeans and get out of her room for once in her life. “Truth” is I am just telling you what’s on my mind and what I am thinking and feeling. I won’t lie, expressing my feelings about certain things, scares the shit out of me, cause I never know how people are going to react or interpret my opinion.

For example, when my boss asks me “britt what do you think?” or “britt can you come up with some ideas for this…?” I am literally terrified of the reaction that I will have to face in that upcoming moment. Am I going to get the head nod? Which means, “yeah I like it!” or am I going to get the look down? Which means “swing and a miss”.

This is the thing you never know how people are going to react! You just got to go with it, and hope that it works out. If it doesn't than at least you tried, and were honest about your stupid feelings and opinions that we all disappointingly have. I know this, saying is over used but “if you do not succeed try, try and try again”. The thing is though, the person that said this was just telling the truth and was inspired to share their thoughts with someone, and I am sure it helped some people and did not help others. I have said it once before and will say it again “different strokes for different folks”.

To sum it all up don't put up with the bulls throwing their feces at you, stand up and out! Be that horse that grabs the bull by the horns and tells them how they really feel. Nobody likes a scared horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment