The AdGal

Welcome one and all to a blog that will forever change your life. Actually the truth is, this blog will not change your life forever, but it might spark your interest in the world of advertising. My name is Brittany Curran, and I am a sucker for advertising in more ways then one. Check out my blog and read some of my thoughts, opinions, and ideas on ads created and used all over the world.

Ps- Do not be scared to throw in your two cents. I love feedback, if you have any questions or concerns, drop me a post, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My Business Card

My Business Card

AdGal

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Booty Shakes, Certainty, Raw Meat




If you asked me right now to fire up the BBQ, throw on a steak, and deal with the raw deadly meat juice. I would most definitely be extraordinarily stressed out and on the verge of having a mental breakdown. Why? Because I am scared little kitty, and when people ask me to do smart, responsible people things, I instantly start asking questions. What are the odds of me blowing the place up with propane gas? How do I deal with the bloody steak juice? When is it the appropriate time to remove the steak without burning it or undercooking it? How many spices should I put on it? Chicken or Fish? and it goes on and on my friend... Decisions, Decisions, Choices, Choices.

How certain can we actually be that we are not roasting the cows ass to much? My point is have you ever been uncertain that you are certain? I second guess myself all the time. For example, when my mom asks me, "Brittany did you lock the car?" I instantly reply "YES MOM", to save my ass... and then think to myself did I lock the car? I must of because I clicked that little car lock button nobbie as if I was on repeat....

Anyways, confidence, and acceptance on the fact that being a screwed up failure is how we learn, is the key to dealing with this anxiety. I mean we all have to make decisions at a certain point. It might be a bad one... like thinking that booty shakes are appropriate in front of a nun while your friend gives her the finger, might not be the best decision you have made recently.

Don't get me wrong I think it takes a lot of confidence and skill to do a good booty shake, and that nuns are wonderful ladies. But the two together might not mix well. But what do I know?

All I know is that this raw piece of meat really needs to work on her booty shakes...




1 comment: